Sunday, January 08, 2006

You are missed again-1


Our eyes searched those eyes who were searching us. The passengers came out in the open air on Karachi International Airport waiting to be warmly welcomed by their relatives. He stood right in front of us, never allowing us to be awaited and be worried.
On every visit, he used to be the first one to greet us on the airport. It was for him that we sisters loved to stay at dadi’s place. He always kept in contact with us while we were in Dubai. He faced bundles and bundles of personal problems but his assuring and sweet smile never left his face. I had seen him crying just once when he was deeply hurt by his father. My father did not have a son but he was more than a real son to him. He was more than an elder brother for us. He loved us and we loved him. But..
Allah had called him to the other world, on 18th of Ramadan 2002. At the age of 25 my cousin was shot and reached his Shahadat.



I miss him more than I miss any of my relatives who have died. And I always think, how people tend to forget death. Recently, I heard someone blabbering “abhi to umar baqee hey” (we still have ages to go), when a small discussion came on how religious a person can get. Death doesn’t wait for anyone. And the most crucial period of life is Youth. Where Allah increases Sawaab (Reward) for normal deeds during youth than any other phase of ones life. In this age, Shaitaan diverts us to its path by showing us the glamour of this fake life. Lets list some of them

Media (Movies/ T.V/ Radio/ etc)
Fashion
Practical jokes
Computers
Electronic Games
Attraction from opposite gender
Wealth/ Money
Useless chatting
Lavish Expenditures
Pride/ Attitude
Fun

Every point got its explanation in its name so I guess we shouldn’t discuss on it further. However, the last point is a bit vast and covers many aspects of our daily life. I don’t mean that “fun” should be banned and we should be grumpy and serious all the time where people start calling us weird names. No, not at all. But to a limit where Qur’an and Sunnah keep revolving in our mind.

One of the young Companions of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) who had earned Shahadat during his youth is a perfect example of the devotion of a youngster to his religion. The first time I came to know about him, I admired him to a big extent.
He was,
Mus’ab ibn Umair-The First Envoy of Islam …
Historians and narrators describe Mus'ab as the most charming of the Makkans, the most handsome and youthful,the flower of the Quraish! He was born and brought up in wealth, grew up with its luxuries, pampered by his parents,the talk of the ladies of Makkah, the jewel of its clubs and assemblies
to be continued...

3 comments:

siras said...

i think this post was AMAZING... it was so well-written it actually brought tears to my eyes... if only we all realised how temporary our life is and Allah's call can come at any time...

siras said...

eid mubarak! hope u have a blesed eid!

Comicsans said...

EID MUBARAK TO ALL THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ISLAM