Saturday, November 19, 2005

Off To Philadelphia..

Salaam Alaikum..
Mamo had to do a presentation for earthquake relief from ICNA (Islamic Circle Of North America), as he is the head of all the medical department of this association. I wasn’t looking forward to the trip but I guess my God loves me a lot & He had kept a surprise for me there..
Here goes the journey history..
When we were getting ready me & my middle sis had a terrible argument over something, which turned out so bad that in the long run, i was bruised. 30 seconds later we patched up: P We left after Zuhar Prayer.
Had our afternoon meal in Shalimar (the only HALAL restaurant in our small city;SALISBURY). Philadelphia is 120 miles far & took us 3 hrs. to reach our destination. All the time in the car I had a good time to get lost deep in my thoughts . About whaaat if u ask..SssssHHHH PRIVACY ….:P
Ne way it was already –3 degree Centigrade so lets just leave out how we behaved accordingly. Okay so we went to washrooms for Wudhu & refreshed ourselves. I was the 1st one to exit the washroom when I c who..? Guess who..? MAULANA SHIEKH YUSUF ISLAHI. Lets introduce him in points..
­ He is a wise & very old Islamic scholar and author from India.
­ He is extremely soft-spoken (like my khalo) & has changed many lives which includes me
­ I have somewhat memorized most of his lectures (all in urdu)
­ Last but not the least my love for him know no bounds

When I saw him right infront of me with my nana I was petrified & I was so shocked that wen my nana called me I was just standing staring at Maulana for some seconds when he walked up to me. Okay that’s when the my excitement took another turn..I HUGGED HIM.OH GOD DON’T ASK ME HOW I FELT..& the funniest part is he asked my nana who is she …bicharey ghabra gaye & it is so obvious. Now imagine u dont know the person in front of u & she comes & hugs u so hard that u begin to shake: S
Poor old man got rid of me after a while & ten we headed to c mamos presentation. It was so nice & it refreshed us about the earthquake & Allah’s Test on those who are effected. May Allah show our mistakes to us and May Allah help us all..Ameen.
Then we had his dars ..WOHOO zabardast excellent awesome sweet like a chocolate..okay guys I’ll control..ne way I’ll summarise his dars in my next post inshallah.
Then we had a meal KIYA KABOB THEY wah sahab wah maza agaya. And then I met Maulana again this time our whole family raided him :P well bcoz my mamo is mashallah very well known & Maulana has visited & stayd over couple of times at mamos house so allhumdulillah I had a chance to meet him. Mamo introduced me as “Maulana there are some ppl who listen ur dars once in a while & there are some people who listen your just one dars number of times”. To that he smiled. & then he was answering sum of ammis qns. & he mentioned something abt Zameer (Nafs) so I quoated one of his shairs on Zameer. Then as he answered some qns from other people I quoted so much from his dars that this time HE HUGGED ME :D:D:D:D:D & gave his card.
So that was the summary of my visit to Philadelphia. I know it bored u guys but I had to yes I HAD TO TAKE OUT MY EXCITEMENT of meeting Maulana..
Ne how its 5 in the morning & cricket match is going pretty well. May Allah give Inzy & Yusuf a great partnership but I MISS AFRIDI :’(
Ne way have to go for fajr..
Salaam Alaikum

“Zameer kaanp to jaata hey koi kuch bhi kahey, ho gunah sey pehley ya gunah key baad”- Shiekh Yusuf Islahi

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh kool im the first 1 to repli :P...khair very very nice mashAllah...i meant the shair...n duh it wasnt borin...actualli im used to lissenin to ur stuff :P...newaiz hope this gets posted....as the other 1z dint :@...k then Ah tc n keep postin!
P.S:

Anonymous said...

Thats cool... and it wasn't boring... i don't really know who this scholar is... but its cool that u got to meet him since u like him soo much... LOL i can just imagine how shocked he must have been when u must have hugged him!!!! =)
P.S: Did u get to see Shahid afridi's innings?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

way to go comicsans! i know i would be excited if i met someone who i admired and love.i would be more excited than u were ;)any ways i see u had fun on ur trip to philadelphia i am happy for u

Anonymous said...

WO!!!!!!! tht must have been one shocked scholar!! but its awesome that u met some one u admire so much... :)

Anonymous said...

YES I DID GET TO C HIS INNINGS EXCEPT ON THE 2ND DAY I SLEPT & MY SIS WOKE ME UP THAT HE HAD HIT 2 CONSECUTIVE SIXES..& WHEN I CAME DOWN MY POOR SHAHID AFRIDI WAS OUT..BTW INZYS OUT IS 100% UNJUST

Anonymous said...

jazakh allah anam ..btw sweety arent u the one who narrates more stories than me ..?:P

Anonymous said...

aww... u missed the 2 sixes that's BAD... they were awesome =D

Anonymous said...

but i hate the ban they gave to afridi

Anonymous said...

ban?! =$

Anonymous said...

go on www.cricinfo.com & read below afridi 3 match ban

Anonymous said...

=( no Afridi in the next match =(
the match was a draw =(
at least they didn't lose =)