Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Farewell my dear friend

“ ..yaar itni jaldi..”
“ Sana listen to me..”
“But u have to do so much ..anddd..”
“I’ve prayed for the right time and now when my God is giving me that time why shouldn’t I accept Gods Help”
-Actual conversation between Asma Ali Raza& me in September 2003


**********
So my Asma said yes to her fiancé & got engaged in 2003. And inshallah this December she will get married…
We friends had planned so much for her wedding, what to wear, what to gift her, where to do dholki, her wedding feast & she was the one who insisted so much that I & Kulsoom be her side friend. How I made fun of her when she said she would like to have M&Ms as sweet & pure milk as her drink in her wedding. There was so much planned until I came to US & everything was shattered. I don’t know if Asma thinks this way or not but I know if I would have been there I would have contributed so much in every aspect. I want to tease her, I want to help her style her dress, I want to praise her beauty, I want to give her chocolates every day from now on until her wedding day..I WANT TO CRY, HUG & GIVE HER A BIG SMILE FOR FAREWELL. She is going to a new place & all I can give her are prayers. Even though that is the most vital & most precious present for her, I am not able to give her the memories she would have had all her life, the golden souvenirs she could instill in her mind.She had been my sweetest friend & she knows better how she stood beside me when I needed a shoulder to cry upon. She helped me cope with my hardest situations & sometimes she used to scold me for my foolishness. I am just lucky to have her.

To Asma..I am sorry sweet heart for my every word that hurt you, for my every action that broke your heart & my abrupt leave to USA. You had been in my life past 3 years & I will treasure them for my whole life. I pray that our friendship never ends & that our love for each other grow stronger second by second..

Dear Asma & Raza Bhai..
May Allah Bless you, and shower His blessings upon you, and join you together in goodness. (Ibn Dawood, Ibn majah, Tarmidhi)

P.s: Asma ki bachee u better send me every minutes picture or belive me I’ll kill u

hey kuch aisee hi baat jo chup hun, warna kya baat hey jo kar nahi aati -Mirza Ghalib

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam,
I was in tears, when I read ur post. I also sent it to Reza as the last part was for him. How I am missing you right now, what I wouldnt give to hear your tasing voice, your mothers reassurance, your reassurance, just the presence of your companionship.

Love, asma a. (or soon to be Mrs Asma Mohd Reza Kirmani!)

PS Milad on 1st and 4th Dec.
Shadi on 21st and Valima the day after.
YOU ARE INVITED!!

Anonymous said...

Jazakh Allah jaani..remember i always said even if u dont invite me i will break in dont worry..

Anonymous said...

this seems a little too personal for me to butt in...
but Asma i wish you the best in ur life... May Allah fulfill all your dreams and wishes and may you be blessed. Ameen

Anonymous said...

my blog is open to all siras..no 1 butting in

Anonymous said...

=)