What do we do then..?
Narrated 'Aisha:The Prophet said, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little." (Sahih Bukhari)
“ We have given freedom to media which was not given before by former rulers”- President
Pervaiz Musharraf (Pakistan) , 14th August 2004
Media is now in number of forms. Internet, telecommunication, television, radio, etc.
I intend to mention TV only in this post.
It can be said that having and not having television has always been a boring controversy. But I hope I don’t bore any of my readers.
If Allah gave me the power to destroy one big source of evil I would have destroyed all the televisions of the world.
Television channels eg: Discovery Channel, Travel, Animal Planet and blah blah can be very informative. I agree. But when people begin to reduce this quality time of watching the INFORMATIVE channels and begin watching films, drama serias, and music channels that promote Haram sentiments what happens then?
When people start saying “ Oh My God! I wonder what my life would have been without tv. How will we spend our time?” then what do we do?
If todays advertisements are compared with the advertisements of 50s and 60s what is the difference? They are not even worth a watch with kids.
What if we removed televisions from our homes how will our children live and how can we make our time beneficial?
Surah Al Shura (Consulataion) Ayah 30: "Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness"
On a personal note:
May mr. LuDa have more success in his life. Ameen. Congratulations on getting your driver’s license :)…treat should be ready when we come in June inshallah..
Media is now in number of forms. Internet, telecommunication, television, radio, etc.
I intend to mention TV only in this post.
It can be said that having and not having television has always been a boring controversy. But I hope I don’t bore any of my readers.
If Allah gave me the power to destroy one big source of evil I would have destroyed all the televisions of the world.
Television channels eg: Discovery Channel, Travel, Animal Planet and blah blah can be very informative. I agree. But when people begin to reduce this quality time of watching the INFORMATIVE channels and begin watching films, drama serias, and music channels that promote Haram sentiments what happens then?
When people start saying “ Oh My God! I wonder what my life would have been without tv. How will we spend our time?” then what do we do?
If todays advertisements are compared with the advertisements of 50s and 60s what is the difference? They are not even worth a watch with kids.
What if we removed televisions from our homes how will our children live and how can we make our time beneficial?
Surah Al Shura (Consulataion) Ayah 30: "Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness"
On a personal note:
May mr. LuDa have more success in his life. Ameen. Congratulations on getting your driver’s license :)…treat should be ready when we come in June inshallah..


8 comments:
If I could destroy one source of evil it would definitely be all bars and night clubs… TV I agree is a source of evil but is not directly evil… like you said it can be informative as well… whereas clubs and bars could NEVER be anything but haraam!
MY DEAREST SISTER EXCEPT FOR NEWS EIK CHEEZ ZBATAO JO ACHEE AYE TV PER..AND TODAYS CHOTO BACHA..TOUBAH THEY WATCH ALL THIS CHEAP VIOLENCE CHINESE JAPANESE CARTOONS.
WAISEY U GOT A POINT YAAR ALL THESE NIGHT CLUBS REALLY THEY SHOULD BE BURNT DOWN
waqas one reason why dish came in our Dubai house after 4 years was because of cricket. And believe me waqas except for news and cricket kuch aur nahi chalta hamarey ghar mey. And mainly why i might posses a strange opinion is because we sisters have grown up now and we are hardly interested in cheap drama series.
As far as cartoons are concerned todays cartoons kaun sey naik paarsa hain? I mean yah i do like watching Samurai jack and tom and jerry, many others i can list but astaghfirullah todays cartoons teach children that children are heroes and parents are zeroes. not all but many of them.
Sorry to all for if u find something unneccessary for the topic but I am doing child education and we are studying each area of a childs development so i can relate many facts just on tv.
Watching Tv after work doesnt sound bad (if you are not a parent that is).how about spending time with family? Although sometime alone is wat one wishes for after a hectic day. *i am not totally against TV*
But when there was no TV in Prophets or our companions time how did they utilize thier hours? It can be said that we need to go along with the new tech but there are other ways of getting info..
and waqas no body thinks the same u think. You know what is bad in Islam and what is not. By basic question is how can stop people from watching garbage and that to infront of children. like the way u told about ur cousins and hindi films. How do we stop that?
On the other hand, on personal thought howzzat if we think for a while what are companions or taba e tabyien did without TV?
isnt it true that half of the world wants cheap romantic drama or comedy seriels which only involve haram stuff??
or how do we put that 50% Tv channels are responsible and 50% parents responsible for the devastation?
waqas basically yeh dekhien aap key chalien for eg pehla romantic drama hamarey pak channel ney dikhaya theek hey na. logon ko acha laga demand barh gaye..istarah key itney banney shoro hogaye key aqiye karoo baar bangaya. in sub dramas mey dikhaya yeh jaata hey key eik dunya ki hi mohabbat ehy Allah ki mohabbat ka kahin naam o nishaan hi nahee hey.
But basically TV does play a part to an extent..taali dono haathoun sey bajh tee hey..if u parents are responsible at a big point than lets put it this way 20 % Tv the rest 80% parents. ab theek hey?
Agreed . Basically we both were talking about one thing. You just emphasized more on parents and I on tv. and wat u wrote the last is the conclusion
btw ur wuote "har koi kisi ka ashiq bana hua hai..ALlah ka zikar is liye nahi hai cuz it is not entertaining..us mai logo ko maza nahi aata..ye to haal hai."
is very wise as well as funny to read :)
True that communication media has brought more evil than good to humanity and spread it fast but it all is matter of choice. Allah has shown the right path to believers. If they choose the wrong path the gadgets are not to be blamed. The main problem is with the teachers and parents who do not educate / train the new generation in the correct way. But then you can see that, while number of practising Muslims is on the decline in the Muslim world, it is increasing in the Western world.
I agree Iftikhar uncle
Post a Comment