Thursday, April 19, 2007

Every impression is the last impression

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim wasaalatu wasaalmu alaika ya rasool allah

Ever since I started my university, I have been really busy. Not that I am complaining but its mashallah very effective in keeping me out of touch with many of daily tasks.

I took the job of tutoring two kids three months ago. It’s been the second time I did the job. Any how I was pretty glad in my first meeting with the kids when they told me they were outstanding students and that it wouldn’t be a mind blowing tasks for me unlike the previous one. But things turned out to be worse.

It was the expectations their parents had with me. I was the victim. I prefer calling myself the victim rather than the teacher. It is sad how people can take advantage of you. We had a deal of teaching 2 hours 5 days a week. This was set before the students started. Gradually, their mom started to insist that due to their exams I teach them 6 days a week and a little more time than 2 hours. I agreed. By the end of the first month, she made a point of calling me up on my cell phone during my university timing, telling me in a headstrong tone to come home early so that I could give more time to her children, along with constant reminders that she’s paying me for all this. I mean c’mon why do people do this? I have my limits of endurance. However I did not make a big issue out of it and simply laughed it off replying her that I could only make it home when my bus drops me off. Later on, she demanded 4 hours of study time. Now this was unacceptable. Anyhow I resigned from the job and simply told her I am sorry but your demands are in plethora.

Why do people think that just because they have the upper hand they can terrorize those who are inferior to them? Or just because they are paying you , you are thier OFFICIAL SLAVE?

Whatever! WHATEVER! W H A T E V E R!


How you deal with others marks your personality. Every small dealing with people be it strangers or familiar people does count. The way you speak, your body language, everything. Here comes the point again, the Sunnah of the perfect human being ever born on this earth. Our Prophet Mohammad PBUH. He taught us how to live every breath of our lives!. Yet we are misguided. For me, those parents were strangers and will always be. However they left with an envenom but I forgave them for Allah SWT.

What I realized was that one of the reasons this Ummah is being shattered is because of the way we treat our fellow mates. Minute mistakes pile up and results in catastrophe. I pray that every Muslim learns and implements the Sunnah in their daily lives. This is the only solution for harmony within the Ummah and our relationship with the Non Muslims.


'Each of you is a ruler, and each of you is responsible for those he rules over.'-Salalhu alaihi waslaam

3 comments:

Valisma said...

Salam,
How are you ..?
Yes, our behaviour socially is despicable.. The overall community just cannot tolerate anyone living peacefully and yet the same people expect awesome returns for their 'favours'.

Rabeea said...

The whole story was interesting.I think you did the right thing.These days,people keep themselves,and their needs before others.If only they learn to put themselves in the other's situation,things'd be a lot better.

Unknown said...

They saw you as a young girl. Thought they'd boss you around. Hi Five for standing your ground :D!