Friday, December 15, 2006

---When will the time come?---

In the name of Allah Subhanahu wa’taala and Blessings upon the Prophet Sallalahu alaihi waslaam

I did not plan to write a post during my tight schedule that has chained me till the end of Dec. But what happened through out the day could not stop me from spilling out everything that touched me deep within.

Everyone had planned a One-Dish get together on beach after Juma’a Prayers. The very next minute following our arrival one of our aunts throws a weird remark on my sister’s hijab. What did we do? IGNORE

So what if you are my mom’s (male) cousin, you may be close to her but her daughters cannot go around hugging you and take snaps with you. SORRY! Go spread the news in the entire relative circle we care the least.

Everyone around had a good time at the beach, when I realize its 4pm. My mom tells one of our aunts to offer prayer with us. She laughs and says ‘don’t you know when you are traveling you can qaza your namaaz’. GIBBERISH. We literally thought she would join us after some time. But sorry we were fools. She actually wasted her Asr.

Then we sisters had a good time walking at the beach. Then the time of Maghrib comes. I went to the washroom to do wudhu. Came back with a firm decision to ask my aunts to come and pray ATLEAST maghrib. What did they say? ‘Bathrooms are too dirty, we cannot do wudhu’. I argued that they were clean and that the cleaning woman just mopped the floor. When they were nil with excuses they simply said ‘Oh, we will pray at home’... Hmm.. Lets see..

Astaghfirullah. I was already disgusted with their attire. Look I don’t mind feamles wearing jeans; I wear them too but not infront of men and that to tight ones. Wear whatever you want to infront of your husband, why do a fashion show infront of all other men. SHAMELESS! Both wives and their husbands. Husbands who can tolerate their wives being stared by other men. I was so embarrassed sitting with them, my sisters and I shifted to another bench.

I don’t consider myself very pious. But I try my best to be a practical Muslim. I want Allah to love me, not the world. Why don’t people think about Allah? Their grave? Qiyamah? I just watched a documentary on GEO where poor people are selling their kidneys so that they could earn money to feed their families one time meal or just get some bed and sheets to sleep on. And here we are extravagant. We waste money on making films, doing fashion (and that to for the world), wasting time on stupid relationships and God knows what!


I am not mad, I am upset. Too upset to talk to anyone. I am sorry for my relatives. I am nineteen yr. old but I am not capable of convincing people to pray. Whatever it was, I spilled out through these words. Not for readers to think ill about my relatives. But please think what are we doing wrong? Please don’t run after this world. Love Allah, He will not only return you your love, He will make the people love you in return.


Life is always fair, and the reason for that is the hereafter. For anyone who believes in the hereafter will realize that every hardship will hit a dead end. And that dead end will have a door, beyond the door is the reward. When one accepts fate, situations, hardships, pain, they have already passed 50% of the trial by accepting it. Then it's about getting through it. Knowing that Allah is the only one who can give it and also clear us of it will make us turn to Him and then we will find is so much easier. What makes it hard is the fact that we think "life isn't fair", "why me?" "why do i deserve this?" etc. We are tiny tiny creations and we can NEVER question our Lord.
- Brother in Islam

No comments: